Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Creating Something From Nothing

You may have already read that I can make something out of nothing. Well, I recently had a rather odd request to create a personalized candy wrapper for a client. She wanted a unique personalized wrapper created for her husband's birthday. I said that would not be a problem! BUT...she said she wanted a wrapper with her 3 year old's art work incorporated into the wrapper. I then said to myself, "Houston, we have a problem." Now this three year old is no prodigy mind you. Not wanting to disappoint my client or back down from a challenge, I said, "Bring It On!" I looked at this opportunity as a way to push the envelope of my creativity.


This is what she sent me.
When I first looked at it, I was like, "What the HELL!!"



This is what I created.




Although other elements were added to this child's amazing art work, the essence of the original scribble remained the same and the client was happy beyond her wildest dreams. Now I plan on incorporating this service into my business. See....I took what seemed like an adversity and made it into another opportunity. Although the candy may be eaten, this wrapper will always be cherished for a lifetime.
I am so grateful for every adversity I'm faced with, because you never know what will come of it. Remember what I told you, there's a reason for EVERY experience in your life. What matters the most is what you do with the experience. Now go out there and make it happen for you! God Bless!

No comments: