Tuesday, July 22, 2008

How Was Wrapperlicious Born?

Many people have asked me the same question over and over, which is: How was Wrapperlicious started?

I am a true believer that everything in life happens for a reason. I believe that everything we experience in life is to teach us something or to make us stronger & wiser. I believe experience, both good and bad, is the wisest teacher of them all.

I've ALWAYS been a creative person. I am a true example of being a Jack of all trades. For example, I draw, I'm a licensed hair stylist, makeup artist, an event planner, a costume designer, a repair person and so much more. If you give me some aluminum foil, some string and a crayon, I could make a fierce outfit out of it...HA! I can take just about anything and create something from it. My best friend used to tease me all the time and tell me that I could make a ponytail look good. Well....she was right....that IS true...smile.

Well....when my husband lost his job last year, I was forced into finding additional means of work on top of my full-time job. I didn't know what I was going to do to make ends meet. I was desperate. I searched the internet for months and months until the customized party favor world found ME. I said, "now THAT is something I know I can do!" I knew I was good with the computer and my boss gave me the uncanny opportunity to learn photoshop. I have absolutely no use for photoshop at work, but he asked and I said, "HELL YES!" (See....another example of things happening for a reason). I then taught myself how to use photoshop, which has been the spring board to Wrapperlicious. I took all of my computer knowledge and put it into designing personalized candy wrapper favors. It has been one of the most rewarding things I've ever done in my life. It allows me to use my creative abililites to design things that I know will bring joy to the lives of others.

Wrapperlicious has been so fulfilling that it has already caused problems at home. Both my husband and my children get upset and/or feel neglected, because of the time I spend on the computer designing wrappers or fulfilling orders. It's frustrating sometimes, because I simply can not be all things to everybody. And trying to find a balance is very challenging at times too.

So as you can see, I took an adversity and made it into something positive, which brings me back to my earlier statement, that every experience that we go through in life is to teach us something or to guide us down a different path. Perhaps my husband losing his job was the catalyst to make me find my true passion in life. On the contrary, if he never lost his job, Wrapperlicious would not have been born. So thank you honey for sucking at your job! Tee...hee..hee....I'm just kidding.

The Moral of the Story is, no matter what ordeal you're going through in life, you should try your hardest to take something positive from the situation. Every life experience gives us a chance to grow, but the key is what you choose to do with that experience. It's very easy to accept defeat, but fighting the battle with every fiber in your being makes you a true warrior. Don't get me wrong, you may lose the fight, but doing your best ALWAYS makes you a winner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is fantastic! I can't wait to have you "wrap" something for me.