Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Unique Party Idea!

I am very excited to share this unique party idea with you. Okay, it may not be unique to some, but it's a way to appreciate things you don't take the time to see all the time. When my precious little girl turned 5, I wanted to throw her a party. Not because she's my daughter, but she is one of the most precious and mature little girls I have ever met. Even her teachers say they wish they had an entire class full of Bobbi's...smile.

Okay, getting back to the topic. So....I wanted to do something special for my daughter. I wanted to take it back to the Old School way of throwing a party - right in the house! I currently live in Texas and the majority of the parties I've attended have been at indoor play spaces, so I wanted to break that mold and show people how to really get down!!!!

What I did took a little time to prepare, but I went through all of Bobbi's photos from birth to present. I then downloaded the pictures and created a slide show, which was displayed on our flat screen television in the living room. How did I do that? Well, I currently have AT&T & Dish Network for internet and cable. This combination enables you to download your pictures to a database, which can then be viewed on the television. This gave the guests an opportunity to view pictures of Bobbi throughout the party. The pictures were on a continuous loop. I downloaded about 300 pictures of Bobbi. Can you think of a better way to share photos of your children with 30 people all at the same time. No photo albums needed here! Everyone was super impressed. I was tickled pink with the way it turned out.


The other thing I did to fuse the New School with the Old School was purchased the Cha Cha Slide Song and other familiar songs that all the children knew. I moved all the furniture out of the way and the kids went WILD. We danced and sang and danced some more. The kids had an incredible time and no one noticed that there were no incredible slides, bowling balls, video games or whatever they're used to at these indoor party places. In addition, let's not mention the amount of money that was saved having a party at home. More importantly, we were not on a set time schedule, which is usually the case when reserving a space at the indoor play spaces.

I also made a promise to myself that when I began having children, I would ALWAYS make their birthday cakes. Seven years later, I still make EVERY cake my children have on their birthday. It's so bad, that my children will not eat store bought cakes. They LOVE mommy's carrot cake and that's the only cake they'll eat. I feel proud...smile.

Fusing the Old School with the New School was a party that's still talked about to this day!

So the next time you consider having a party for your child, skip the indoor play spaces, throw a bash right in your own home, with good food, music and lots of love & laughter. They'll remember that party for years to come!

I almost forgot the most important part of this entire article...make sure you have personalized favors from http://www.wrapperlicious.com/. The favors were the icing on the cake! Carrot cake of course!

No comments: